Sunday, August 23, 2009

A day at Cuckfield skatepark and i left unable to walk, over a week later and i still can't do a lot...i fell from a rocknroll thinking i'd made it and next thing i was down, i must have twisted to protect my knee and pulled/torn or strained something around my hip or groin which began to hurt a couple of days later....still weak from my broken leg well over a year ago i'm trying to build things up and get some of my strength back....today i was forgetting my weakness and thinking i could do anything, sort of anyway, been watching a lot of Thrasher videos lately and had more ideas above my station! Rocknroll's aren't hard but i got a bit tied up in the turn back in and either caught my front wheels on the coping or under rotated on the way in and because i'd figured i'd made it ti was a slam rather than a step off or bail.....the whole occasion must have fired me up and i forgot my limits, not imposed by my head but by my body. Try as i might to speed things up with walking, cycling, running, skating, swimming and whatever else i could do it didn't seem to take much to bring me down...not giving in though, from being carried out of the bowl by the mutie reunion crew to crawling up the stairs to hobbling around with the aid of an ikea fold away wooden chair i'll be back in the bowl in no time....gotta remember to fit in some training for the Cardiff half marathon at the end of October too.
Siobhan took the group pic and Len took my pic.

No comments: