Thursday, October 05, 2006

Turner Prize Private view.............

So last night i went to the Tate Gallery courtesy of the Guardian to a private view of this years Turner Prize, i won the tickets on the Guardian website so me and Sarah my sister got the chance to schmooze the night away in the halls of high art fuelled by courtesy Gin and Tonics. The show was pretty good, need to go back and check out the work in the day but two artists stand out so its worth a look, Mark Titchner might have it though.....or Phil Collins's video and installation.....something to ponder as i go to work today safe in the knowledge that heavy rain is expected and i already know i'm going to be cycling all day and the chance of getting wet is pretty high. Siobhan gets home tonight so it's all good and a weekend in Brighton looms large....nice. Looking forward to my next prize though as my one and only competition win has fired me up to become one of those people who make a living from wining inane prizes, yes i will spend my remaining days franticly filling in competitions on the websites of the world....maybe radio and daytime television too, the bonus is you never know what will happen next so your already a winner!!! Cold light of day however means i have to go and get on my bike and deliver some packages across London.

No comments: